Published December, 2016:
It’s been a few years since I’ve done anything with this site. Yesterday was my last class of graduate school at the University of Colorado – Boulder (Master’s in Engineering Management, certificate in Technology Ventures and Product Management), so I think I’ll have more time to spend on here soon.
I’m still working full time as a Global Product Manager for therapeutic medical devices, which is a great learning experience, purposeful, and mostly enjoyable. The job is basically exactly what I was looking for, and it’s where I should be for now. I’m generally happier pursuing at least one intellectually challenging activity outside of work, which helps to meet interesting people.
I don’t know exactly what that might look like yet, but there’s a good chance I’ll keep some if it here. Some of my outside-of-work interests include:
- Applied neuroscience
- Neuromodulation, therapeutic interventions, imaging + diagnostics
- Medical devices
- Especially those using light, electricity, or magnetism in a therapeutic capacity
- Devices that can improve patient outcomes at a lower cost than the status quo, and provide non-pharmaceutical options
- Mental health
- Treatments for Traumatic Brain Injury, PTSD, other mental illnesses
- Promoting useful, research-backed awareness and confronting stigmas
- Relation to immunology, microbiota, nutrition, neurotransmitters & hormones
- Artificial intelligence, neural networks, development of consciousness, ethics
- I don’t know much yet. But this feels important.
Many of my nerdy ramblings on these: https://twitter.com/taharveyconsult
Also, over the next few months I’ll ski as much reasonably possible, and practice yoga whenever I can. I’ll also probably spend some more time in Asia for work. Love Colorado, also love to travel!